Gambia-Namibia HIV/AIDS Education Initiative
This initiative is a 3 month long program with 3 video conferences and a service learning project. The video conferences will be held on Saturdays, August 16, September 20, and October 25 2014. This event will bring together students of PAY Namibia in Windhoek, Namibia and YMCA The Gambia in Banjul, The Gambia over Google Hangout to discuss HIV/AIDS in their communities. This cross cultural exchange will give students the opportunity to develop activities and conversations they can implement to reduce HIV/AIDS transmission in their respective communities.
Approximately 100 Gambian and Namibian high school age students will participate to achieve the following goals:
- Identify the risk factors and emerging issues of acquiring HIV/AIDS in their communities and other communities,
- Develop solutions to initiate at their respective schools or programs that can reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS in their communities,
- Build an international partnership through educational exchange about HIV/AIDS.
US-Southern Africa HIV Education Initiative
- Mondesa Youth Opportunities
- Namtech ICT Solutions
- Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust
- Sisters Together and Reaching
10 Youth participated in US-Southern Africa HIV Education Initiative in 2010
Interested in participating or partnering in our US-Southern Africa HIV/AIDS Education Initiative? Contact Us!